Thursday, June 20, 2019

Vision Scriptures


One Sunday, while visiting Destiny Church in Fort Worth where James Womack is pastor, we were given a card with a number of Bible verses on it tagged "Vision Scriptures."  We visit Destiny several times each year.  Here are the helpful passages:

Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint,
    but blessed is he who keeps the law. Pr. 29:18 (ESV)

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,
for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

What is impossible with man is possible with God. Lk. 18:27

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jer. 29:11

O Lord, you are my God;
    I will exalt you; I will praise your name,
for you have done wonderful things,
    plans formed of old, faithful and sure. Is. 25:1

But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. Acts 20:24

No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed,
    and you shall refute every tongue that rises against you in judgment.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord
    and their vindication from me, declares the Lord. Is. 54:17

Commit your work to the Lord,
    and your plans will be established. Pr. 16:3

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
    and he will make straight your paths. Pr. 3:5,6

Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you.  He will not leave you or forsake you. Dt. 31:6

I know that you can do all things,
    and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted. Job 42:2

Is anything too hard for the Lord?  At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son. Gen. 18:14

Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. Jer. 32:17

But he is unchangeable, and who can turn him back?
    What he desires, that he does. Job 23:13

For the Lord of hosts has purposed,
    and who will annul it?
His hand is stretched out,
    and who will turn it back? Is. 14:27

Declaring the end from the beginning
    and from ancient times things not yet done,
saying, "My counsel shall stand,
    and I will accomplish all my purpose." Is. 46:10

I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will. Eph. 1:11

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Eph. 3:20,21

Notice how these passages emphasize creation and God's sovereignty and providence.  But that brings up the question "Who is the Intelligent Designer?"
Our helpful ebook gives a complete compilation of all Scriptures on God as Creator and God as Sustainer.  This answers the question that Ben Stein has brought to the attention of today's culture conflict with his film "Expelled." Who is the Intelligent Designer?  Is it an alien as Clinton Richard Dawkins proposed?

What are the implications of Creation.  Can we find any good news along this cosmic odyssey? Is it true that, "Intelligent Design is Creationism?"  Why trust the Bible?  What about theistic evolution?  Get the book today and find out.

No comments: